Knitting, Olive Oil, and Travels from the Beltway

Knitting, olive oil, recipes, house projects, and good books can all be found here.

Thursday, January 01, 2009

Christmas in NC

It's New Year's morning, a great day for organizing! Before crafting this blog post, I decided to spend time organizing the digital photos on my hard drive. There's an hour gone!

Steve C. from high school, now residing in Southern California sent a photo of snow in Cortland. I replied to all with a photo of our woods in Virginia. I wonder if anyone else will send a photo of their views?




Christmas was in North Carolina at Dave and Carrie's. I love these two pieces of artwork in their new house.
The Samuel Tucci Insurance sign was our grandfather's and it hung at the house at 13 Garfield Street until 1974 I think. Then it spent years in garages until David and Carrie located the perfect place between the kitchen and breakfast room in their new home. They triptych provides great evidence of Carrie's artistry and creativity. She painted three canvases with symbols of their lives and family history. The letters "S" and "B" for their last names, symbols of their European family histories, books, golf, gardening, illusions of soccer balls (lower right), and the lampposts of Lewisburg, PA, where Carrie grew up. I wonder if she'd take a commission?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home