Knitting, Olive Oil, and Travels from the Beltway

Knitting, olive oil, recipes, house projects, and good books can all be found here.

Monday, August 13, 2007

Roasted Tomatoes Redux


We were at the Farmer's Market on Satuday and Red Rake Farm had their heirloom organic tiny plum tomatoes, so I bought 4lbs.
Two pounds make two trays like this. I measured the olive oil, and used 1 Tablespoon for each roasting pan. The deeper sided roasting pan resulted in better roasted tomatoes. Aren't they lovely?
Reading: I finished The World in My Kitchen by Colette Rossant. I read it cover to cover, it was chatty, but I was distracted by a timeline that skipped all over the place, and fact-checking puzzles. Did she really have a microwave oven in the 60s in a house in SoHo that had no kitchen, no bathroom, and no hot water heater? Her view that she was an overly attentive mother doesn't quite fit with sending kids to friends over the summer so she could travel to far points of the world. She mentioned her husband in such a detached way, that I kept expecting them to separate. Not recommended.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home