Knitting, Olive Oil, and Travels from the Beltway

Knitting, olive oil, recipes, house projects, and good books can all be found here.

Sunday, February 18, 2007

Vinegar Buzz


On Satuday we made a quick trip to the Italian Store in Arlington, and purchased goodies including a Star brand jarred sauce with grape tomatoes and their wonderful homemade pizza dough. We used the recipe from Williams-Sonoma Florence and added the paper thin onion and the rocket. Wonderful!


Even better was the salad. Yes, another combination of field greens, lusty extra virgin olive oil, a good vinegar, sea salt, fresh ground pepper and one crushed garlic clove. I think I need to start keeping a list of the best oil-and-vinegar combinations.


This time we were evaluating Goccia Umbra's Aceto Balsamico de Modena, which came packaged together with an olive oil. I chose to combine it with Gourmet Sardinia Fruttato Extra Virgin Olive Oil. The combination was entrancing....award-winning....enough so that I may have to create a chart of the best oil-vinegar-and-greens combination for Olio2go. Perhaps I'll even create the all-salad-diet because I could live on these combinations.

The local middle school has been performing High School Musical this weekend and we saw it last night. It takes guts to do a big show like that while the original is still popular. The kids and their directors are to be commended!

Here's something crazy: I'm supposed to "coach" field hockey this afternoon. I'm the designated parent for our group, and the coach is in Arizona, so the responsibility falls to me. I sure hope those girls all know what they are doing. Most of the parents know that I can usually be found knitting on the sidelines.

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home