Knitting, Olive Oil, and Travels from the Beltway

Knitting, olive oil, recipes, house projects, and good books can all be found here.

Saturday, October 07, 2006

A Rainy Saturday

It’s a perfectly lovely rainy Saturday. I can play on the computer, read a book, and possibly….just possibly make an apple pie.

My husband thinks I have no life as my boss and I are emailing back and forth and I’m using both my personal account and my business account. So many questions, so little time!

On Wednesday I attended a Yahoo Search Marketing seminar. So much information, so little time! There are so many great ideas to implement, but we really need to get the site relaunch done first. The new business cards and letterhead came this week. We tasted a new olive oil line recently, Ursini, and hope to offer it on Olio2go soon.

The week’s highlight was attending DD1’s winning Field Hockey game on Thursday! And, her sprained ankle is healing. She got to play most of the game.

And last night we got to celebrate cousin Erin's 10th birthday at the girls' favorite restaurant, Sweetwater. Their usually great service was off last night. It was one of those things adults notice, but not the kids. Call it uneven.

Last Saturday at soccer, I got to work with Andi’s squeaky yarn—but just for a minute. It was time for cast-on and purling lesson. I happened to have a small ball of Cascade Sierra (wool and cotton) in my bag. I tossed her yarn aside, grabbed her needles, and started to cast on. When I handed it to her, you should have heard her exclamations about how much nicer good yarn feels! Am I responsible for the fact that her knitting expenses have just risen dramatically?

Although I have four knitting projects in various stages, none are brainless. My aching back is telling me I need a mindless, give-me-Zen project. No lace stitches, no mittens with thumbs, no ankles to turn, no color changes, no cables to twist…maybe just ribbing, if that. Last night, while watching the tape of Thursday’s ER, I cast on for a hat. Ah, nirvana.

Our old neighborhood--Stewart's Landing-- was hit by a tornado on Thursday, September 28. Last weekend, I called Kathy and got the details. It was a pretty exciting time in Severna Park. Luckily most of the damage was confined to houses and trees.

I’ve recently finished A Thousand Days in Tuscany and A Thousand Days in Venice. The Venice book should be read first, and it is the superior of the two books. I finally found the end of Good to Great. It started strong, but I wasn’t compelled to stick with it. Tonight, I picking up Donna Leon’s Uniform Justice.

It's time for a Saturday lunch worthy of a rainy day at home. Homemade beef soup with chunks of beef, little meatballs, pureed carrots, and ditalini all in a tomato broth. And, tonight...Risotto by Tom!



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home