Knitting, Olive Oil, and Travels from the Beltway

Knitting, olive oil, recipes, house projects, and good books can all be found here.

Saturday, February 02, 2008

What was I thinking?


On the striped sofa is a striped vest, and on the striped vest is the red Ballybrae all-over cabled vest, WIP.
The striped vest fits well, but has slightly too much ease. The red cabled vest, I fear, is too small. It's been a pick-up/put-down project since July. I've counted and I've twisted cables 186 times thus far!
This was knit in one piece to the underarms. If you look closely, the two vest fronts are about an inch apart. Even with banding, I think it will be too small.
Then I studied the pattern again. My gauge didn't loosen as it usually does. I guess all those cables kept it tight. I don't think it will loosen with blocking.
Sigh.
Rather than rip out right away. I found another set of needles, larger this time, and started again. Some time in the next couple of weeks, I'll have the nerve to rip this out. After I knit it to the armholes again. Wish me luck!

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Alison said...

Stop a moment. Take the red vest, rinse it and let it dry overnight, and see if it relaxes out any; it might surprise you. If you find then that it fits well, you're good to go ahead with it without knitting it twice.

--AlisonH at spindyeknit.com

Saturday, 02 February, 2008  
Blogger Carly said...

I always appreciate your advice. I was thinking about doing that! I'll find the time and report back!

Monday, 04 February, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home